Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Weird dreams. Old feelings.

Ok, so Saturday night I had a series of like 4 or 5 dreams that all went together. They were all about someone from my past, someone I hadn't really thought about in some time. And it wasn't like I was dreaming about this person as they were then, but what they might be now. Grown up and matured, you know, a woman. Now here's where it gets weird to me, these dreams weren't sexual by any means, rather, they were extremely emotional based. There wasn't anything more than a kiss. The clothes stayed on, and everything. Why would that be?? I don't get it. I could handle if it was some sex dream, I mean everyone has those. That would be no big deal. What would bring old feelings that I thought were long gone back up? In these dreams, it wasn't like I was cheating on Amy or that we weren't together, it was odd. See, it doesn't make any sense to you either, does it? I mean, I love Amy. No one else. So why would I have these dreams while she sleeps next to me the entire time? What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Artifact said...

The old relationship in the dream might not mean what it appears. It could be symbolic of somthing else (ie. your past as a whole or something else from your past). How did you feel during the dream. If it felt like a goodbye kiss, then perhaps she symbolized your old life at "home" now that you are out on your own. If it felt warm and familiar, then perhaps there is something that is missing from your life that you used to have that you wish you had again. I don't nessisarily mean from a relationship standpoint, but something that you haven't had in a while or a feeling that you felt before that you long to experience again.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Artifact said...

Dreams are never given to you at face value. They make you dig deep inside and many times you rediscover yourself.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

Thanks Artifact. When did you get all deep? It suits you more than most would think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home