Thursday, September 01, 2005

I'm one "GIANT" step closer to my goal!!

I love E-Bay. It truly is the greatest thing ever created. I just won Giant Size X-Men #1 from May 1975 for $60. A near mint one is worth around $1,100. Obviously this isn't a near mint copy. This is the second most important X-Men issue, right behind X-Men #1 from 1963. This issue is the first appearance of Nightcrawler, Colossus, Storm, and Thunderbird. Also this is the first appearance in an X-Men comic for Wolverine. I still can't believe that I got it. It's going to be so awesome when I actually get it in the mail. This is comparable to getting Nolan Ryan's rookie card for a Nolan Ryan fanatic, or getting an original first edition Star Wars poster for a Star Wars geek. This is huge addition to my collection. I'm trying to collect every issue of Uncanny X-Men, right now there's 464 issues & 28 giant size/annuals. I've currently got 198 issues & 14 giant size/annuals. So I do have a bit to go. Let me know if you've got some that you want to let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home